City of London
We are proud to recruit for a Natural Carbon Project Expert with a global client who creates intact forests and ecosystems that positively impact our climate, biodiversity and human well-being. With over 20 years’ history in this sector, they are one of the most established brands committed to this cause.
They create nature-based climate projects and integrate them into sustainability strategies with their clients to achieve sustainability targets.
They offer holistic solutions by creating climate protection strategies including, but not limited to: GHG, recommendations on how to reduce carbon footprints and/or advice on insetting/offsetting through certified climate protection projects.
- Sourcing and assessment (including financial due diligence) of Natural Carbon Projects (REDD , A/R, Blue Carbon etc.)
- Elaboration of project design documents, project implementation, and support of carbon certification cycles
- Responsible management of our existing project portfolio to meet the credit demand of our corporate clients in quality and quantity
- Gathering intelligence about market trends, relevant regulation, and policies
- University degree in economics, resource management, forestry, agriculture or related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in sustainable land use and carbon markets
- Proven experience of simultaneous management of different projects in an international team
- Experience in the preparation of business and financial plans for natural carbon projects or similar (e.g. renewable energy)
- Fluent in English and Spanish or French, additional languages are an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Professional experience in Latin America, Africa or South-East Asia is an advantage
What we offer
- Collaboration in an international interdisciplinary and dynamic team
- Exciting field of work at the interface between business and climate protection
- A casual work environment with impact
- A comprehensive introduction to our team and processes while providing the space to develop your own solutions – new ideas are expressly welcome
- Remote work possible if preferred
- Regular training and capacity building
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For more information and for full disclosure, please contact our Principal Consultant, Kris Kobi at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.